Sunday, April 3, 2016

Steamed Eggs

I have a post on the Blog called Tips, Hints and More. I researched a variety of great hints that make cooking easier. There are some incredible ones. My favorite is how to Shuck Corn using a Microwave. I also receive recipes and tips from Blogs that I follow, and occasionally I pass them on to my readers.
I realize that some people have difficulty making the perfect Eggs, whether Poached, 3 Minute, Hard Boiled, Scrambled and even Fried. I've even Frothed Eggs with my Espresso Machine and they are the lightest and creamiest Scrambled Eggs I have ever eaten. When I discovered several posts about Steaming Eggs, I was fascinated. I haven't tried this yet but I'll post photographs and the results, when I do.


Here's what you'll need:
1 Saucepan with a Lid and a Collapsible Vegetable Steamer (the one in the photograph above) or a Pot with a Pasta Colander.


Eggs (enough to just cover the bottom of the pot in a single layer.)  The size of the Pot will determine how many Eggs you can steam at one time.

Place Eggs in the Steamer Basket or Colander.
Fill the Pot with just enough water so the Eggs are not touching the water.
Cover it.
Bring to a Boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove the Eggs .
Allow them to cool just until you can handle them.

Peel and Serve.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment