Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hazelnut Truffles

I have several recipes for Truffles on the Blog. Someday I'll post them all together in a collection.


Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur


Hazelnut Truffles

Here's what you'll need:
1 - 8" X 8" Glass Baking Dish
1 - Sheet Pan lined with Parchment Paper

10 oz. of Dark Chocolate Chips. I weigh them.
2 TBS Butter
1/2 C Heavy Cream
1/2 C Nutella
1 tsp Vanilla
3 TBS Hazelnut Liqueur
3/4 C Finely Chopped Toasted Hazelnuts.
(I toast Whole Nuts on the stove in a dry Cast Iron Skillet.)
I do a lot of Hazelnuts at the beginning of the Holiday Season and store them
in an airtight container at room temperature. I always have them available to chop for
all of my Holiday Recipes.

In a Double Boiler:
Chocolate Chips
Butter
Cream
Nutella
Heat and stir until creamy and smooth.
Set aside for 10 minutes.

Whisk in:
Vanilla
Liqueur

Spoon evenly into the baking dish and smooth it with an offset spatula.
Cover with Plastic Wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. (not longer, so it's still soft enough to scoop)

Use a 1 1/2" Cookie Scoop and drop the Truffles onto the Sheet Pan.
Roll them in crushed Hazelnuts and refrigerate them in a covered container until ready to serve.
(I put them in a Tupperware Container lined with waxed paper.)

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!







No comments:

Post a Comment