Monday, October 5, 2015

Sweet Bread

This recipe has been in my file since 1978. I made it often. It was given to me by a friend. It was their family recipe.  I thought it was on the Blog and just discovered today that I never posted it.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Loaf Pans brushed well with Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each mixed well and refrigerated in a jar.
I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

4 C of Sifted Flour
8 TBS Butter
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 C Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
2 tsp Vanilla
1 package of Shredded/Flaked Coconut
1 C of Dark Raisins covered with water and soaked for 12 hours. (use the water in the dough)

Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, by hand.
Spoon the dough into Loaf Pans.
Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, until the top is dark brown.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment