Saturday, March 7, 2015

Apple Pie with a Crumble Topping


Apple Pie with a Crumble Topping:

This is a great Apple Pie with a Crumble Topping. It's just another one to add to my list of favorite pie recipes. My Best of the Best is my Apple Pie without a Crust. It's still my favorite. It's on the Blog.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
1 - 9" Pie Pan brushed well with Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

Filling:

3 C Thin Slices of Apple. (about 3 Apples) I prefer Jonagold.
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 C Bisquick
1/2 C granulated Sugar
1/2 C Whole Milk
2 TBS Butter, melted
3 Large Eggs

Crumble Topping:

1/3 C Bisquick
1/3 C chopped Pecans
1/4 C  Dark Brown Sugar
3 TBS Butter, chilled and cubed.

In a mixing bowl:
Apples
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Mix well, by hand.
Spoon into the Pie Pan.

In a medium mixing bowl:
Bisquick
Sugar
Milk
Butter
Eggs
Whisk well.
Pour over the Apples.

In a medium bowl:
Bisquick
Pecans
Sugar
Whisk well.
Incorporate the Butter using a blending fork or  pastry blender to create a crumble texture.
Sprinkle even;y over the filling.

Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until a knife in the center comes out clean.

Serve Hot with Vanilla Ice Cream or Homemade Whipped Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment