Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hot Dogs with Cheddar Cheese and Sautéed Apples from Food and Wine



I'm vegetarian and I love Veggie Dogs. I like different combinations of condiments and accompaniments with Hot Dogs. I like idea of a Pretzel Bun with my Hot Dog.
This recipe that, I adapted from Food and Wine, is very appealing to me.


  1. 2 TBS Butter
  2. 3 large Granny Smith Apples—peeled, halved, cored and cut into scant 1/2" wedges
  3. 3 TBS  Brown Sugar.
  4. A pinch of Cinnamon
  5. 6 Hot Dogs ( I use a Veggie Hot Dog)
  6. 6 long Pretzel Rolls 
  7. Thinly sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  8. Preheat the oven to 450°. 
  9. In a large skillet:
  10. Melt Butter. 
  11. Add the Apples and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until barely softened and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
  12.  Add the Brown Sugar and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the Apples are tender and lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes longer. 
  13. Stir in the Cinnamon and keep warm.
  14. Heat a grill pan. Grill the Hot Dogs over high heat until lightly charred all over, about 5 minutes. 
  15. On a baking sheet, place the Hot Dogs in the Rolls and top with the Cheddar Cheese. Bake for about 3 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
  16.  Top with the Apples and serve at once.
Enjoy! Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment