Sunday, August 3, 2014

Rhubarb Crumble from The Food Network

I grew up with all things Rhubarb. My Aunt Faye made the best recipes with Rhubarb.
I can't seem to get enough recipes using it.
In another post titled, "Rhubarb, a Collection of my Favorite Recipes using Rhubarb", you'll find many of my other Rhubarb Recipes.
Heres a very simple recipe for Rhubarb Crumble from The Food Network.
I've adapted this recipe.

Here's what you'll need:
1 Glass or Ceramic 8"X8" baking dish.
Brush generously with my Pan Release Mix (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour). I start with 1 C of each and maid it in a jar. Keep refrigerated. It last a long time. I always have it available for all of my baking needs. It's the only release that I use.

In a mixing bowl:
1 C Flour
1/3 C Oats
3/4 C Sugar
A pinch of Salt.
Whisk well.
Stir in 6 TBS of Butter, melted, and 1/2 C chopped Hazelnuts.
Squeeze the mixture into large crumbles , place on a sheet pan or other container and freeze.

In a mixing bowl:
2 pounds of diced Rhubarb
1/3 C Granulated Sugar
1/4 C Flour
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Orange Zest
1/4 tsp Salt
Mix well and pour into the prepared pan.
Scatter the Crumble evenly over the top.
Bale at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, it should be golden brown.
Remove from the oven ad cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!










No comments:

Post a Comment