Monday, August 4, 2014

Lemon Bundt Cake

I get so many recipes from books, friends, family and online. I believe in giving credit when possible. However, it bothers me that some people post recipes and make it sound like they created them and when I research them online, I find that there are no real references to the origin and there are dozens of the same recipe available. I will give credit to well known chefs and Food Network Bloggers, Sites like Pillsbury, Kraft and Berry Crocker, but I'm not going to continue to give credit where I don't honestly believe it's deserved. If you are a blogger and you read this blog, pleas start giving credit to others when you did not create the recipe. All of my original recipes are noted.
So now that I've made that statement, here's a recipe I received and it's all over the internet so I am not giving anyone credit.
I happen to love the recipe.

I would give credit for this one to the Betty Crocker website since it uses a Betty Crocker Cake Mix.

Here's what you'll need:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
1 Bundt Pan, your choice of design.
Pan Release Mixture:
Equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour. I start with 1 C of each, mix it well and store it in a jar, refrigerated. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

Lemon Bundt Cake:

1 box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
1 C Whole Milk
4 oz. of Cream Cheese, softened
2 TBS Grate Lemon Zest
1/4 C Fresh Lemon Juice
3 Eggs

Glaze:
2 C Confectioner's Sugar
2 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice

Glaze:
2 C Confectioner's Sugar
2 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice

In a large mixing bowl:
Beat cake ingredients by hand with an electric mixer, on low speed about 1 minute.
Scrape the bowl as needed.
Increase speed to medium for an additional 2 minutes.

Brush the pan well with the Pan Release Mix.
Pour the batter into the pan.
Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
Invert the cake onto a serving platter and cool completely.
Make sure the platter is large enough to allow for the glaze to drip down the sides of the cake.

Make the Glaze in a medium bowl.
Beat Confectioner's Sugar and Lemon Juice, a little at a time until the glaze becomes thick.
Pour evenly over the cooled cake.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!






No comments:

Post a Comment