Saturday, August 2, 2014

Huevos Rancheros Tarts adapted from Betty Crocker and my Original Homemade Salsa Recipe

I live in Texas and Tex - Mex food is the most popular food here. We love Huevos Rancheros, but this recipe is unique. These would be great for a family gathering or a Sunday Brunch. This recipe is adapted from the original.

1 can (8oz.) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp chipotle powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 eggs
1 jar of your favorite Salsa ( I serve them with my original homemade Salsa), recipe to follow.
4 TBS chopped , fresh cilantro
1 (15oz.) can of black beans, drained and rinsed, heated.
1/4 C crumbled Queso Fresco
1 Avocado, sliced


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Separate the dough into 4 rectangles on the sheet pan.
Press the perforations to seal the dough.
Roll the edges of each rectangle toward the center to form a 3 1/2" diameter round tart cup with a 1/2" rim.
Press the rim firmly to seal.

In a small bowl:
Oregano
1/4 tsp Chipotle Powder
Salt
whisk well.
Sprinkle the tarts cups even;y with the mixture.
Break one egg into each tart.
Bake for 16 - 18 minutes.

For each Tart:
Top each egg with Salsa and Cilantro.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Serve with a side of Black Beans and slices of Avocado.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


Terry's Original Salsa Recipe:

This makes quite a bit. I put it in canning jars and keep it refrigerated. It doesn't last long enough to can and preserve it. I prefer fresh Salsa and not heated and canned.

Another "Best of the Best" recipe.

Every Texan has their favorite Salsa. Believe me when I say that we are passionate about it. I cold talk about Salsa for days, Instead, I will just say that I created this fresh Salsa recipe to make up for all of the "not so good" Salsa that I've purchased or eaten in Restaurants.

I've made this for our friends in France. This means that I take this recipe with me when we travel and make it for our friends.

I use 8 medium sized Jalapenos, you can use less if you don't like the heat. This one is spicy.

I happen to love fresh, non cooked, non roasted and very simple Salsa.

30 Plum or Roma Tomatoes ( I prefer these to others because of the firm texture. I don't peel them) roughly chop them, they'll be processed in a food processor.

6 - 8  Fresh Jalapeno Peppers, cut off the tops, I leave the seeds in. You don't have to if you prefer a less spicy Salsa.

1 Large White Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, roughly chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, roughly chopped
1 dozen garlic cloves , peeled and cut in half
1 C of packed chopped fresh Cilantro
1 TBS Salt
4 TBS Adobo Seasoning
2 TBS Cider Vinegar
1/4C  Olive Oil
Juice of 3 Limes
Juice of 3 Lemons

In a Food Processor .
Pulse the Jalapenos, Onion and Garlic
Scrape down the sides to incorporate everything
Remove this to a large bowl ( I use a  large Stainless Steel Stock Pot)

Pulse Red and Green Peppers, transfer to the bowl
Without cleaning the processor, add the tomatoes in batches and pulse them and transfer them to the bowl with the Jalapenos.

Stir in the Adobo Seasoning
Add the Cilantro
Season to taste with Salt
Stir in the Vinegar
Stir in the Oil
Add the Juice of the Limes and the Lemons
Mix well

Refrigerate

"the longer it sits, the better it gets".

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!























No comments:

Post a Comment