Friday, August 29, 2014

Harvest Festival Apple Cake

We have an annual Harvest Festival at our Church and we have an annual Block Party with our neighbors. I'm always researching and creating new recipes for these events.
I already have my favorite Apple Cakes. I think there are two more on the blog. Here's another favorite that I may take to both events this year.

Harvest Festival Apple Cake:

4 C chopped, unpeeled Apples. I use Jonagold.
1 1/2 C granulated Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
3 C Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 C Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs, beaten
2 tsp Vanilla
1 C chopped Walnuts
1 C Flaked Coconut

Glaze:
1 C granulated Sugar
4 Egg Yolks
1 Stick (8TBS) Butter
1 C Heavy Cream

Cake:
In a large bowl:
Apples
Granulated Sugar
Brown Sugar
Mix to coat well.
Set aside for 20 minutes.

In a small bowl:
Flour
Baking Soda
Salt
Whisk well.
Fold into the Apples by hand.
Stir in:
Oil
Eggs
Vanilla
Walnuts
Coconut

Pour into a 9"X13" baking dish.
Bake for 40 - 45 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment