Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fall Corn Pudding

This recipe is new and I've added it to my post called:

Corn, a collection of recipes all in one place! 20 recipes

I love all things made with corn. It's always difficult for me to choose a corn dish, each year, to serve at Thanksgiving. I have so many and I love them all.
I have been making Julia Child's Corn Timbale every year since..... 1985. It's the family's favorite. But, each year I sneak in a new corn recipe.


Fall Corn Pudding:

Here's what you'll need:
1 - 9"X9" baking dish or  Gratin baking dish, sprayed with a vegetable cooking spray.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

1 stick (8TBS) Butter
1/4 C Granulated Sugar
3 Eggs
1 (8oz.) container of Cream Cheese
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1 (8.5oz) package of Corn Muffin Mix
1/4 C Heavy Cream
1 (15oz.) can of Creamed Corn
1 (15.25.oz) Canned Sweet Corn, drained

In a large mixing bowl:
Butter
Sugar
Beat with a hand mixer until creamy.

Add:
Eggs, continue beating until well incorporated.
Add:
Sour Cream
Vanilla
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Cloves
Continue beating well.

Fold in, by hand:
Creamed Corn
Sweet Corn
Pour into the pan.
Bake for 45 mins. - 1 hour.
Remove from the oven to a rack and cool 10 minutes.
Serve warm.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment