Friday, August 8, 2014

Autumn Cookie Bars


I changed the name of this recipe. I found it online during my research for new cookie recipes. There are many recipes available for a cookie similar to this one.
Other than the name, the recipe is from Shugary Sweet. I don't think it's original, but I always talk about giving credit for recipes if they are not your own original recipe of they're vintage and the creator is not available for credit.
I loved this cookie when I first saw it. I don't have the rights to post the photograph, but I will photograph mine when I make them.
I will make these for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Autumn Cookie Bars

Here's what you'll need:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1 - 10"X15" Jelly Roll Sheet Pan.
Brush with Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil, Flour) I start with 1 C of each, mix well and refrigerate in a jar. It lasts a very long time. I always have it available for all of my baking needs. It's the only Baking Release that I use.



The First Layer:  (ingredients)

1/2 C Butter Flavored Crisco
3/4 C Creamy Peanut Butter
2 TBS Whole Milk
1 1/4 C Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 3/4 C Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Baking Soda


The Second Layer:  (ingredients)

1 Can (14oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 TBS Butter
1 Bag (10 oz.) Peanut Butter Chips

Third Layer:  (ingredients)

1Bag (14oz.)  Halloween Reese's Pieces
1 Bag (8oz.) Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups, Roughly Chopped. Quartered would be fine.


First Layer:  (directions)

In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer:
Crisco
Peanut Butter
Milk
Brown Sugar
Beat until creamy.
Beat in Egg.
Add:
Flour
Salt
Baking Soda
Mix until thoroughly combined.

Press the dough into the pan.
Bake for 18 - 22 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven to a cooling rack.


Second Layer:  (directions)
Make this layer while the First Layer is baking.

In a saucepan on low heat:
Condensed Milk
Butter
Heat until warm.
Remove from heat.
Whisk in the Peanut Butter Chips and stir until melted and creamy.
Pour this over the First Layer.

Immediately Scatter and Press the Third Layer evenly over the warm Peanut Butter Layer.
Allow to cool completely and cut into squares to serve.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment